The Plantation is located directly behind the Royal Palace, in the historical center of Phnom Penh. The hotel is within walking distance of the National Museum, the Wat Botum (Royal Pagoda), the riverside with its bustling nightlife and the lively street 240, considered by many to be the shopping and dining center of the city.
The reception building dates back to the thirties and was most probably built by the French to be an administration connected to the Royal Palace nearby. This building was significantly modified in the sixties and then transformed into the Ministry of Labor.
Mr. Michel Verrot, architect of “Monuments de France”, in charge of urban heritage preservation for the French Embassy in Cambodia, conducted a study on that building and helped us to restore it to its original 1930 design. The rest of the buildings dates from the eighties and nineties and where administrative buildings that were turned into their current aspect by French architect Ivan Tizianel. The property covers a space of over half a hectare, right in the historical center of Phnom Penh, at the back of the Royal Palace and the National Museum.